Thursday, December 27, 2007

Driving in Spain

So as you know, we had quite the adventure aquiring the rental car! Believe me, the adventures didn´t stop there. I have officially decided that I do not like driving in Europe, especially a stick shift!! The girls have been very patient. The streets here were not created for cars, and they really need to work on posting street names!! It´s been pretty amazing. We haven´t gotten anywhere without getting pretty lost first, but in the end we always manage on getting there-it just takes us a few hours longer than we anticipated! So we finally got to the hostal tonight and were pleasantly surprised! It´s beautiful! I told Char that if I get the opportunity to build my own house, it´s going to be a replicate!
I am very thankful for all the prayers, of which we have definetly taken advantage! We have all decided that we may be moving here for a few months, good news eh?! Don´t worry we haven´t totally made a permenant decision yet! We still have to work on NOT looking like tourists! HAHA! don´t know if we will ever get that far! We kinda stick out here, but everyone has been very nice and helpful.
I speak for everyone when I say, ¨Morroco tomorrow¨ We are ready to start doing some bartering!! Love to all
Cheryl

4 comments:

Kara said...

Miss you girl, kinda quite around here without you. Sounds like your having fun though, its making me jealous. One of these days I'm going over there.

Anonymous said...

Are you driving on the left or the right? That ought to be an added challenge if it's the left! Maybe leanne won't drive while you are there?

Marc-Daniel said...

Spain, as most of the civilized world, drives on the standard right hand side. Also like most civilized countries, it's cars have left-handed-sided driving compartments. :D it' only the UK and Ireland that are different

Anonymous said...

...and New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and a few other countries that were formerly part of the British Empire. Oh, and Japan also. :-)